Covid-19 Update #8
Dear Bethel Family,
I know that many of us were waiting for June 10th to see if the province would actually enter into the second phase of its re-opening plan – which it thankfully has! So what does that mean for us at Bethel?
Firstly, it means that we can move from 15% of fire-code occupancy to 33%, which would be 100 for the building, and 64 for the main auditorium. In other words, we should be able to fit almost everybody in the main auditorium. That said, we will still prepare the fellowship hall for overflow as needed (i.e. sound, hymnals, sheet music etc.). Masks, however, will still be required indoors.
The 55+ Camp Committee thought there were too many obstacles for holding a successful camp during their traditional time-slot of the end of June, so that camp has been cancelled. Hopefully, it might be resurrected later in the summer.
Most of you are probably aware that the 60th Anniversary celebration has been moved back to August 28th. Unfortunately, this decision was made just after our June bulletin was published!
Lord willing, all other camps are going as scheduled – and they all still need staff! So please be praying for this critical component of the ministry. If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the staff application form on the website. Be praying especially for Intermediate Boys Camp (16-19 Aug.) which still needs a director and speaker.
We served about 85 community members this past Monday. This was down quite a bit from our average of well over 100. This may be due to the time of the month (just after payday), the weather (rainy), or (hopefully) drop in demand. Regardless, be praying that we continue to use the opportunities that the Lord gives us to share the Good News with those who attend (volunteers & patrons).
In His service,
On behalf of the elders
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.